This months Birchbox was a happy interruption to my stressful week at work. It arrived on one of the worse days I’ve had so far this year and the bright pink box made me forget my worries for a while. All the items this month are ones that I would use so I was glad about that. Also Hubz was able to enjoy a bit of this months box as well as he gobbled up the Ghirardelli Cherry Tango Chocolate.
The contents of this months box included:
- Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion 1.5 oz ($16 for 8oz) $3.00 value
- Inika Eyeliner in Green Lagoon .04oz $20 value
- Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum 5ml .16 oz ($58 for 1 oz ) $9.28 value
- Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo 1.69 oz ($9.50 for 250ml) $1.90 value
- Jurlique Purely Bright Cleanser .06 sample packet (no value assigned)
- Ghirardelli Cherry Tango Square ~35cents at the market
March 2014 Birchbox
I haven’t been blogging for months now because so much had happened. I had some health and financial issues arise and that had taken more time and stressed me out so much that I haven’t really want to do much. Anyways let’s kick things off with a Glossybox reveal! My February Glossybox was delayed in shipping or something because I usually get my Glossyboxes around the last week of the month, but this time I didnt get it until the 7th of March.
February 2014 Glossybox
The sneak peeked items this month were Lauren B Beauty’s nail color in City of Angels and Sumita eyeliner. The other items that were in my box this month were Anatomicals Eye bag patches, Figs and Rouge lip balm and Pureology Multitasking spray. The Figs and Rouge lip balm is a repeat item for me, as I have previously received it in another Glossybox. It has become one of my favorite balms however so I dont mind the duplicate.
Here is the value breakdown for last month’s box:
- Lauren B Beauty Nail Couture in City of Angels .5 oz $18 value
- Sumita Beauty Kala Color Intense Pencil in Black .06 oz $15 value
- Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom Lip Balm .42 oz $9 value
- Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Under Eye Patches 3 Patches $11 value
- Pureology Serious Colour Care Multi Tasking Hair Beautifer 1 oz ($24 for 6.7 oz) $3.58 value
I have been with Ipsy since they first started and this months makeup bag is my favorite! It is black plastic with a quilted design. It is also quite firm and looks like its made a lot better than their usual make up bags. Also its contents this month were quite good as well!
I expected a bit of a Holiday theme since it is December. The only item that I received that was kind of holidayish is the red nail polish from Nicka K. There was also another Be A Bombshell product in this months bag. This seems to be a favorite brand of theirs. Not that I mind, the Be a Bombshell lip crayon from last month’s bag actually made its way into my everyday makeup bag. Thats how much I enjoyed it. There also seems to be less care in shipment since they’ve gotten so big as I have received damaged items two months in a row now. My Pop Beauty eyeshadow trio arrived chipped. There was also a fragrance sample in this months bag but mine arrived almost empty due to a leak.
December 2013 Ipsy Bag
The contents of this months bag are:
- Nicka K nail polish in NYC139
- Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in Smokin’ Hot
- NYX lipstick in Sky Pink
- Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Flustered
- English Laundry signature perfume
Net a Porter Glossybox
The limited edition Net-a-Porter Glossybox went on sale on Monday and I placed my order on my cellphone immediately during lunch. I was so pleased to see that I already received this today. The limited edition box is $40 plus the NY sales tax which brought this box just shy of $44. I know $40 is a bit steep but the limited edition Glossyboxes are always pretty juicy and you know exactly what you are getting since they show you images of the contents of the box. I have always wanted to try Kevyn Aucoin’s makeup line and his eye shadow was one of the items of the box and since the line is usually so pricey, this box was definitely a good buy for me.
The contents of this limited edition box are:
- Natura Bisse Diamond White Brightening Sunscreen .3 oz $29.10 value ($97 for 1 oz)
- Kevyn Aucion The Eye Shadow Duo #206 4.8g $42
- Ellis Faas Mascara $34
- Klorane Dry Shampoo 50 ml $7.50
- RGB Cuticle Oil .4 oz $20
- Philip B Gravity Defying Gel .5 oz $1.58 value ($19 for 6 oz)
- Avene Thermal Water Spray 50 ml $9
- Joya Ames Souer Roll on Perfume 1.5ml $4.2 value ($28 for 10ml)
I finally got my October Glossybox! This months box is a collaboration with Byrdie. The sneak peeked item this month was a full size of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara. The box basically paid for itself with just the mascara! I was also pretty glad to receive the face cream as I quite like Fresh products.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara .31oz $23
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream .5 oz $12.35 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
- Balance Me Shine on Tinted Lip Salve 10ml $16.50
- Bvlgari Green Tea Perfume .17 oz $5.78 value ($85 for 2.5oz)
- Sesha Renu Exfoliating Gel 20ml $16.80 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
October 2013 Byrdie Collaboration Glossybox
I usually do not post about my Ipsy bag because most subscribers get the same bag every month. However lately there had been more bag variations as their subscriber count has increased.
The Ipsy bags are usually more make up oriented and geared towards a younger subscriber base than Birchbox and GLOSSYBOX and the New Beauty TestTubes. In addition to receiving 4-5 items each month, you also get a make up bag.
The contents of my bag this month contained;
- Zoya nail polish in Neve
- Coastal Scents eye shadow brush
- Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers in Emotion
- Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay
- Nourish Organic Coconut and Argan Body Lotion
I absolutely love the lotion. It has a really light and warm scent and moisturizes well without leaving anything greasy. And I can never complain about receiving Zoya polishes. All in all, a very nice bag this month.
October 2013 Ipsy Bag
I purchased Juleps Ultimate Zigzag box almost 2 weeks ago and received it today. I had purchased the Ultimate set, which was $39.99 and the mystery add on for $9.99. The mystery add on items that I received were polishes in Zora and Karen, and lip scrub. The contents of my ultimate box contained chevron nail stickers and polishes in Amy, Sienna, and Lois. I also received their Beach Tonic body oil, Sea salt texture spray, double step foot treatment, cuticle oil. Also I was pretty excited to receive the Freedom Polymer top coat. This top coat is suppose to perform like a gel so this item had piqued my interest for a while now. I was pretty pleased with the contents of my box as I have been interested in the top coat for a while and liked all the polish colors I received. And oh yea, SEA SALT SPRAY! One of my favorite hair products ever.
Julep ZigZag Mystery Box
October 2013 Birchbox
My October 2013 Birchbox has already arrived! I received my tracking email today afternoon, but the box was already at my house when I got home today so YAY! And the box this month was bursting at the seams with goodies! I actually thought the blue box was going to be some jewelry for the lifestyle sample but was still really glad when I opened it and saw that it was a cleanser and muslin cloth. Also I was REALLY glad to see that I got the Joie perfume in this month’s box. I smelled the perfume at the Birchbox local event and fell in love with the scent but not too much with the steep price tag.
Anyways the contents of this months box are:
- Joie Folle de Joie .06 oz $1.73 value ($98 for 3.4oz)
- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish 1 oz $6.51 value ($21.50 for 3.3oz)
- Liz Earle Muslin cloth 1pc $3 value ($6 for 2)
- Miss Jessie’s Creme de la Creme Conditioner 1oz $1.33 value ($16 for 12)
- Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquer lip gloss Floating Rose .34 oz $14
- Chapstick Hydration Lock
October 2013 Birchbox
September’s Glossybox was the last thing I received while I was on vacation last week. The theme for September’s Glossybox is All You Need for Fall. The sneak peeked items for this month were Nioxin Diamax thickening treatment for hair and a big spray sample of BCBGMaxazria’s Bon Genre perfume. The Nioxin is a $50 value so I’m quite looking forward to trying this out. Hopefully this will work to make my hair thicker and stronger as I have been coloring it a lot lately.
Anyways onto the contents of this month’s box:
- Nioxin Diamax Thickening Treatment 3.4 oz $50 value
- BCBGMaxAzria Bon Genre eau de parfum .33 oz $7.35 value ($75 for 3.4 oz)
- Be a Bombshell Onyz Eyeliner pen $14 value
- Emite Makeup Eyelash curler $30.50 value
- Oceane makeup Remover pen $5.30 value
Glossybox September 2013
My October Le Metier beauty vault arrived super early, on the first of the month, in fact. I have been very much looking forward to receiving the October shipment as I signed up in the second release of beauty vault subscriptions and was told that October would be the regular October shipment as well as the uber fantabulous August shipment that the early subscribers received.
In the regular unassuming brown cardboard box were two beautiful black ribbon wrapped boxes. The first one I opened contained one product, Le Metier’s dark spot corrector. Come on now, did they read my mine or what?? Just Sunday I was staring in the mirror wondering how did I get so many more dark spots on my face when I was in the sun for just one week. And I applied sunscreen daily too!
The second box was the August box that knocked everyone socks off! It contained Le Metier’s kabuki brush, lip kaleidoscope in Bauhaus, eye liner in noir, and unnamed red lipstick. Really did feel like Christmas came early this year!
Le Metier Beauty Vault August 2013
Le Metier Beauty Vault October 2013