I had forgotten to skip my Julep subscription this month so I was sent a box even though I have not painted my nails in about 5 months now. I guess I didn’t mind too much since I received two of the most gorgeous neons that I’ve ever seen! The box that I received had 3 polishes and no beauty products. The colors I received this month were Bailey, Maren and Flora. While I didn’t care for Baily too much, I just loved the gorgeous blue flashes in Maren and Flora. I will definitely be using these in a couple of months!
I received my Ipsy bag earlier this week and I was quite pleased with the contents of this month’s bag. This month’s bag had Benefit’s Lollitint which I have been eyeing for a while but did not commit to buying yet since I knew there was absolutely no way I can make a dent in the full sized product. I was very happy to see this item and used it immediately!
The complete contents of this month’s bag were:
- Benefit Lollitint .08 oz sample size $8 value
- Cailyn Tinted lip balm in Acid Pink $19 value
- City Color White Gold Mousse Eye shadow
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide on Pencil .03 oz ($20 for .04 oz) $15 value
- Kiss Looks so Natural Lashes $3.99 value
Benefit’s Lollitint is described as a candy orchid tinted lip and cheek stain. I have only used this on my lips and I just love the light wash of color it provides.
I received my March Glossybox last Monday. I had some pretty mixed thoughts about this box however. Let me actually do the item and value breakdown before I give my opinion on the box.
March 2014 Glossybox
The contents of this month’s box includes:
- Alex and Ani hand cream $16 value
- Alex and Ani swan bangle $28 value
- Sisley Paris black rose mask .38 oz ($158 for 2.1oz) $28.59 value
- Alterna volume plumping stand expand .85 oz ($22 for 4oz) $4.67 value
- Nails Inc Polish in Baker Street .13 oz ($9.50 for .33oz) $3.74 value
- Etre Belle lip lift peel $17.80 value
I do think this might be the highest valued Glossybox that I’ve ever received considering I would use most of the products, but I did receive yet another dupe item. I didn’t mind the duplicate item last month as it’s one that I used and loved and was running low on anyways, but this month I received a nail polish duplicate. Despite the miniature size I know I won’t finish the bottle as I have so many polishes to use and I’m on a temporary no nail painting hiatus.
One of the sneak peeked items this month was the Alex and Ani. You could have received the hand lotion, fragrance spray or bar soap. I was really hoping for the hand lotion as I would have the most use for that. Also I love the simple bangle from them. It’s made of recycled metals which is a nice touch.
I’m also very looking forward to trying the lip exfoliate as I am not currently digging the Julep one that I have. I also wanna try the Sisley mask. $28 for that little sample? It better do wonders!
This months Birchbox was a happy interruption to my stressful week at work. It arrived on one of the worse days I’ve had so far this year and the bright pink box made me forget my worries for a while. All the items this month are ones that I would use so I was glad about that. Also Hubz was able to enjoy a bit of this months box as well as he gobbled up the Ghirardelli Cherry Tango Chocolate.
The contents of this months box included:
- Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion 1.5 oz ($16 for 8oz) $3.00 value
- Inika Eyeliner in Green Lagoon .04oz $20 value
- Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum 5ml .16 oz ($58 for 1 oz ) $9.28 value
- Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo 1.69 oz ($9.50 for 250ml) $1.90 value
- Jurlique Purely Bright Cleanser .06 sample packet (no value assigned)
- Ghirardelli Cherry Tango Square ~35cents at the market
March 2014 Birchbox
I haven’t been blogging for months now because so much had happened. I had some health and financial issues arise and that had taken more time and stressed me out so much that I haven’t really want to do much. Anyways let’s kick things off with a Glossybox reveal! My February Glossybox was delayed in shipping or something because I usually get my Glossyboxes around the last week of the month, but this time I didnt get it until the 7th of March.
February 2014 Glossybox
The sneak peeked items this month were Lauren B Beauty’s nail color in City of Angels and Sumita eyeliner. The other items that were in my box this month were Anatomicals Eye bag patches, Figs and Rouge lip balm and Pureology Multitasking spray. The Figs and Rouge lip balm is a repeat item for me, as I have previously received it in another Glossybox. It has become one of my favorite balms however so I dont mind the duplicate.
Here is the value breakdown for last month’s box:
- Lauren B Beauty Nail Couture in City of Angels .5 oz $18 value
- Sumita Beauty Kala Color Intense Pencil in Black .06 oz $15 value
- Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom Lip Balm .42 oz $9 value
- Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Under Eye Patches 3 Patches $11 value
- Pureology Serious Colour Care Multi Tasking Hair Beautifer 1 oz ($24 for 6.7 oz) $3.58 value
Net a Porter Glossybox
The limited edition Net-a-Porter Glossybox went on sale on Monday and I placed my order on my cellphone immediately during lunch. I was so pleased to see that I already received this today. The limited edition box is $40 plus the NY sales tax which brought this box just shy of $44. I know $40 is a bit steep but the limited edition Glossyboxes are always pretty juicy and you know exactly what you are getting since they show you images of the contents of the box. I have always wanted to try Kevyn Aucoin’s makeup line and his eye shadow was one of the items of the box and since the line is usually so pricey, this box was definitely a good buy for me.
The contents of this limited edition box are:
- Natura Bisse Diamond White Brightening Sunscreen .3 oz $29.10 value ($97 for 1 oz)
- Kevyn Aucion The Eye Shadow Duo #206 4.8g $42
- Ellis Faas Mascara $34
- Klorane Dry Shampoo 50 ml $7.50
- RGB Cuticle Oil .4 oz $20
- Philip B Gravity Defying Gel .5 oz $1.58 value ($19 for 6 oz)
- Avene Thermal Water Spray 50 ml $9
- Joya Ames Souer Roll on Perfume 1.5ml $4.2 value ($28 for 10ml)
Last week was the first ever Laura Mercier sample sale. The sale took place at Clothingline and went on for only 3 days. Prices were good, almost all the products there were at least 50% off however the product selection was minimal. They had 3 lip glaces, 5 lipsticks, a handful of liners and caviar sticks. Polishes were available as well, although the color selection was small and shades were not too interesting. I picked up a couple of items and prices for the items were low, between $8 to $12 each.
I picked up Laura Mercier’s creme smooth lipstick in Tulip, lip glace in Desert Rose, caviar eye color sticks in Jungle and Grey Pearl. I also picked up just one nail polish in Bare Mocha. It was a good haul but I hope they have more product selections at the next sale.
Laura Mercier Haul
I finally got my October Glossybox! This months box is a collaboration with Byrdie. The sneak peeked item this month was a full size of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara. The box basically paid for itself with just the mascara! I was also pretty glad to receive the face cream as I quite like Fresh products.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara .31oz $23
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream .5 oz $12.35 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
- Balance Me Shine on Tinted Lip Salve 10ml $16.50
- Bvlgari Green Tea Perfume .17 oz $5.78 value ($85 for 2.5oz)
- Sesha Renu Exfoliating Gel 20ml $16.80 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
October 2013 Byrdie Collaboration Glossybox
I usually do not post about my Ipsy bag because most subscribers get the same bag every month. However lately there had been more bag variations as their subscriber count has increased.
The Ipsy bags are usually more make up oriented and geared towards a younger subscriber base than Birchbox and GLOSSYBOX and the New Beauty TestTubes. In addition to receiving 4-5 items each month, you also get a make up bag.
The contents of my bag this month contained;
- Zoya nail polish in Neve
- Coastal Scents eye shadow brush
- Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers in Emotion
- Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay
- Nourish Organic Coconut and Argan Body Lotion
I absolutely love the lotion. It has a really light and warm scent and moisturizes well without leaving anything greasy. And I can never complain about receiving Zoya polishes. All in all, a very nice bag this month.
October 2013 Ipsy Bag
I purchased Juleps Ultimate Zigzag box almost 2 weeks ago and received it today. I had purchased the Ultimate set, which was $39.99 and the mystery add on for $9.99. The mystery add on items that I received were polishes in Zora and Karen, and lip scrub. The contents of my ultimate box contained chevron nail stickers and polishes in Amy, Sienna, and Lois. I also received their Beach Tonic body oil, Sea salt texture spray, double step foot treatment, cuticle oil. Also I was pretty excited to receive the Freedom Polymer top coat. This top coat is suppose to perform like a gel so this item had piqued my interest for a while now. I was pretty pleased with the contents of my box as I have been interested in the top coat for a while and liked all the polish colors I received. And oh yea, SEA SALT SPRAY! One of my favorite hair products ever.
Julep ZigZag Mystery Box