I received my March Glossybox last Monday. I had some pretty mixed thoughts about this box however. Let me actually do the item and value breakdown before I give my opinion on the box.
March 2014 Glossybox
The contents of this month’s box includes:
- Alex and Ani hand cream $16 value
- Alex and Ani swan bangle $28 value
- Sisley Paris black rose mask .38 oz ($158 for 2.1oz) $28.59 value
- Alterna volume plumping stand expand .85 oz ($22 for 4oz) $4.67 value
- Nails Inc Polish in Baker Street .13 oz ($9.50 for .33oz) $3.74 value
- Etre Belle lip lift peel $17.80 value
I do think this might be the highest valued Glossybox that I’ve ever received considering I would use most of the products, but I did receive yet another dupe item. I didn’t mind the duplicate item last month as it’s one that I used and loved and was running low on anyways, but this month I received a nail polish duplicate. Despite the miniature size I know I won’t finish the bottle as I have so many polishes to use and I’m on a temporary no nail painting hiatus.
One of the sneak peeked items this month was the Alex and Ani. You could have received the hand lotion, fragrance spray or bar soap. I was really hoping for the hand lotion as I would have the most use for that. Also I love the simple bangle from them. It’s made of recycled metals which is a nice touch.
I’m also very looking forward to trying the lip exfoliate as I am not currently digging the Julep one that I have. I also wanna try the Sisley mask. $28 for that little sample? It better do wonders!
I haven’t been blogging for months now because so much had happened. I had some health and financial issues arise and that had taken more time and stressed me out so much that I haven’t really want to do much. Anyways let’s kick things off with a Glossybox reveal! My February Glossybox was delayed in shipping or something because I usually get my Glossyboxes around the last week of the month, but this time I didnt get it until the 7th of March.
February 2014 Glossybox
The sneak peeked items this month were Lauren B Beauty’s nail color in City of Angels and Sumita eyeliner. The other items that were in my box this month were Anatomicals Eye bag patches, Figs and Rouge lip balm and Pureology Multitasking spray. The Figs and Rouge lip balm is a repeat item for me, as I have previously received it in another Glossybox. It has become one of my favorite balms however so I dont mind the duplicate.
Here is the value breakdown for last month’s box:
- Lauren B Beauty Nail Couture in City of Angels .5 oz $18 value
- Sumita Beauty Kala Color Intense Pencil in Black .06 oz $15 value
- Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom Lip Balm .42 oz $9 value
- Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Under Eye Patches 3 Patches $11 value
- Pureology Serious Colour Care Multi Tasking Hair Beautifer 1 oz ($24 for 6.7 oz) $3.58 value
Net a Porter Glossybox
The limited edition Net-a-Porter Glossybox went on sale on Monday and I placed my order on my cellphone immediately during lunch. I was so pleased to see that I already received this today. The limited edition box is $40 plus the NY sales tax which brought this box just shy of $44. I know $40 is a bit steep but the limited edition Glossyboxes are always pretty juicy and you know exactly what you are getting since they show you images of the contents of the box. I have always wanted to try Kevyn Aucoin’s makeup line and his eye shadow was one of the items of the box and since the line is usually so pricey, this box was definitely a good buy for me.
The contents of this limited edition box are:
- Natura Bisse Diamond White Brightening Sunscreen .3 oz $29.10 value ($97 for 1 oz)
- Kevyn Aucion The Eye Shadow Duo #206 4.8g $42
- Ellis Faas Mascara $34
- Klorane Dry Shampoo 50 ml $7.50
- RGB Cuticle Oil .4 oz $20
- Philip B Gravity Defying Gel .5 oz $1.58 value ($19 for 6 oz)
- Avene Thermal Water Spray 50 ml $9
- Joya Ames Souer Roll on Perfume 1.5ml $4.2 value ($28 for 10ml)
I finally got my October Glossybox! This months box is a collaboration with Byrdie. The sneak peeked item this month was a full size of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara. The box basically paid for itself with just the mascara! I was also pretty glad to receive the face cream as I quite like Fresh products.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara .31oz $23
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream .5 oz $12.35 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
- Balance Me Shine on Tinted Lip Salve 10ml $16.50
- Bvlgari Green Tea Perfume .17 oz $5.78 value ($85 for 2.5oz)
- Sesha Renu Exfoliating Gel 20ml $16.80 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
October 2013 Byrdie Collaboration Glossybox
September’s Glossybox was the last thing I received while I was on vacation last week. The theme for September’s Glossybox is All You Need for Fall. The sneak peeked items for this month were Nioxin Diamax thickening treatment for hair and a big spray sample of BCBGMaxazria’s Bon Genre perfume. The Nioxin is a $50 value so I’m quite looking forward to trying this out. Hopefully this will work to make my hair thicker and stronger as I have been coloring it a lot lately.
Anyways onto the contents of this month’s box:
- Nioxin Diamax Thickening Treatment 3.4 oz $50 value
- BCBGMaxAzria Bon Genre eau de parfum .33 oz $7.35 value ($75 for 3.4 oz)
- Be a Bombshell Onyz Eyeliner pen $14 value
- Emite Makeup Eyelash curler $30.50 value
- Oceane makeup Remover pen $5.30 value
Glossybox September 2013
Today I received the must sneak peeked August Glossybox. This is the box that was suppose to have the full sized Sue Devitt powder and the full sized Jelly Pong Pong lip crayon. I was not sure if they would actually put two full sized higher valued items in the box so I was actually quite happy to see that the box had arrived.
I opened the box and on the bottom of the box was a denim cosmetics bag from Guess. Then I opened the lid to the pretty pink box and ripped apart the black tissue paper. Yes there was the Sue devitt, and a little nail polish, and a spray and a jar of something but where was the lip crayon! I dug all through the paper shreds but did not see the item. However the Jelly Pong Pong lip blush was featured in the product card so I know that they had left mine out and emailed them immediately. Hopefully they will resolve this quickly and send me the missing product.
*update 8/26 I just wanted to update that Glossybox had emailed me back about the missing item and said will send it out soon.
In my box was :
- Sue Devitt Triple CWeed Pressed Powder in Quiet and Still .35 oz $28
- Pandora’s Polish no color or size listed ($9.50 for 10.5ml)
- Anatomicals Spray Misty for Me Facial Mist 100 ml $9.00
- Novex Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment Cream 3.5 oz $4.99
Glossybox August 2013
Glossybox August 2013 makeup bag
So far this month GLOSSYBOX has already released two sneak peek products. And both are high valued cosmetic items. Hopefully it won’t be like the Dallas Shaw box where they released teasers of the Bondi polishes then had to take or back.
Anyways the first teaser item was announced on August 2 and is supposed to be Jelly Pong Pong’s lip blush at a $18 value
And today they announced that Sue Devitt’s triple c-weed pressed powder would be included. The powder was posted at a $28 value so it should be full sized as well.
If these do get included in the box, it would be a very generous box indeed. I know I have very mixed opinions of Glossybox and they are big hits or misses with me, but I signed up for a 6 month subscription lately because they were offering $25 off. I’m not sure if that’s still going on, but they released a couple of 20% off coupons yesterday and today.
My July GLOSSYBOX was definitely one of those disappointing ones that makes me rethink my membership with them yet again.
The box costs almost twenty three dollars with tax and I felt that the value was barely there. There was one full size product in the box and it was the one that they did a sneak peek on, the Figs lip balm. There was also another Bvlgari product. I absolutely love Bvlgari, don’t get me wrong but its like they don’t have another brands working with them or something because this is the third product I got from them. And also another Evologie product as well? Its like the Yvonne products that keep sneaking into my boxes. Where’s the discovery what’s with all the recycled brands and products?
Anyways after this I do plan on canceling. They already charged me for August so it might just be my last one.
So the contents of the July box are:
- Figs and Rouge Cherry Blosson Tinted Lip balm 12.5 ml $9.00
- Nails Inc nail polish Baker Street 4 ml $3.80 value ($9.50 for 10ml)
- Bvlgari body wash 1 oz $6.17 value ($42 for 6.8 oz)
- Evologie intensive blemish serum 5 ml $11.66 value ($35 for 15 ml)
- Brazilian Blowout Acai deep conditioning mask 30 ml $5 value ($40 for 240 ml)
- Absolute! Make up cleansing tissues 10pc $1.16 value ($6.99 for 60)
I just realized that my post on the June GLOSSYBOX was missing from my blog. I distinctly remembered writing it, but do not see it on the blog or saved in my drafts or anything.
Anyways I had seen the promotional emails regarding this box and was quite looking forward to receiving it, however due to am issue with the Bondi Polish that was suppose to be included, shipments were delayed as they substituted it with the Tarte complexion brightening lipsticks.
Anyways I didn’t mind too much, as Tarte is one of my favorite brands. Also the box this month was super cute and great for storage and keepsakes.
Anyways onto the contents of the box:
- Tarte complexion brightening lipstick in Med/Tan .12oz $14.50
- Sparitual nail polish in HiJinks Shimmer .5oz $12
- C. Booth Honey and Almond dry oil mist 2oz $4 value ($8 for 4oz)
- Oscar de la Renta fragrance samples in drawstring pouch (super cute and seems high value, cannot determine sizes so no value assigned)
- Philip B light-weight deep conditioning creme rinse 2oz $5.62 value ($90 for 32 oz)
Yesterday, April 26, 2013 I received my April Glossybox. It is already almost the end of the month and I had actually forgotten all about the box with my recent makeup and skincare hauling. I am not sure why it took so long for the box to arrive and was actually surprised that Glossybox didn’t inform their subscribers that there would be a delay. I had double checked my emails and saw that there was no notification and I don’t recall seeing anything regarding this on twitter as well.
Anyways the theme of this month’s box is Work That Beauty. Also no glossymag this month in honor of Earth day, it is online only. The contents of this month’s box are as follows:
- Tigi Glow Blush in Awaken $22 full size
- Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves hair mist .85 oz $4.4 value ($22 for 4.2 oz)
- The Honest Co. Organic lip balm $3.65 value ($10.95 for 3)
- BVLGARI Eau Parfumee au the Blanc Tea Bag for Bath $9.50 for .5 oz
- Wash With Joe Coffeemint Invigorating Body wash 1 oz $1.75 value ($28 for 16 oz)
- Le Metier De Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution Sample packet No value assigned (225 for 1.7 oz)
If you are interested in the Le Metier de Beaute Cream, you can get $75 off the full price if you provide promo code Glossybox. The promo ends May 31 and is only available on Lemetierdebeaute.com (unaffiliated link)