This month’s Ipsy bag is a cute glittery bag that is totally my style. It has a basic rectangular shape and the whole bag is glittery and the best part is that its plastic coated so there isn’t any glitter fallout like one of the other glitter bags that they had sent out in the past. I’m sure I will actually use this bag instead of throwing it into a drawer like some of the other bags that I didn’t care for. The inside of the bag also has a tag that says Forever 21 Cosmetics for Ipsy.
Items that I received in this month’s Ipsy bag are as follows:
- Be A Bombshell Eyebase in Submissive
- Temptu Highligher in Pink Pearl
- J Cats Lip Paint in Red Potion
- Elizabeth Mott You’re so Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Glitterati
- Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Hairspray
The Be a Balmshell Eyebase also reminded me of MAC Paint Pots and the color is quite wearable so I will be testing this on whole day wear soon. I like the Temptu highlighter too, its actually swatch below under the Eyebase but my camera was not able to pick it up. It adds a nice golden pink sheen. When I first opened the bag and saw the lip paint, I was really excited because I thought it was a OCC Lip Tar. The packaging was exactly the same so I was surprised to see that it was a copy cat product. I found this quite wearable when applied lightly despite its dark and intimating color in the tube.
I had forgotten to skip my Julep subscription this month so I was sent a box even though I have not painted my nails in about 5 months now. I guess I didn’t mind too much since I received two of the most gorgeous neons that I’ve ever seen! The box that I received had 3 polishes and no beauty products. The colors I received this month were Bailey, Maren and Flora. While I didn’t care for Baily too much, I just loved the gorgeous blue flashes in Maren and Flora. I will definitely be using these in a couple of months!
I received my Ipsy bag earlier this week and I was quite pleased with the contents of this month’s bag. This month’s bag had Benefit’s Lollitint which I have been eyeing for a while but did not commit to buying yet since I knew there was absolutely no way I can make a dent in the full sized product. I was very happy to see this item and used it immediately!
The complete contents of this month’s bag were:
- Benefit Lollitint .08 oz sample size $8 value
- Cailyn Tinted lip balm in Acid Pink $19 value
- City Color White Gold Mousse Eye shadow
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide on Pencil .03 oz ($20 for .04 oz) $15 value
- Kiss Looks so Natural Lashes $3.99 value
Benefit’s Lollitint is described as a candy orchid tinted lip and cheek stain. I have only used this on my lips and I just love the light wash of color it provides.
I received my March Glossybox last Monday. I had some pretty mixed thoughts about this box however. Let me actually do the item and value breakdown before I give my opinion on the box.
March 2014 Glossybox
The contents of this month’s box includes:
- Alex and Ani hand cream $16 value
- Alex and Ani swan bangle $28 value
- Sisley Paris black rose mask .38 oz ($158 for 2.1oz) $28.59 value
- Alterna volume plumping stand expand .85 oz ($22 for 4oz) $4.67 value
- Nails Inc Polish in Baker Street .13 oz ($9.50 for .33oz) $3.74 value
- Etre Belle lip lift peel $17.80 value
I do think this might be the highest valued Glossybox that I’ve ever received considering I would use most of the products, but I did receive yet another dupe item. I didn’t mind the duplicate item last month as it’s one that I used and loved and was running low on anyways, but this month I received a nail polish duplicate. Despite the miniature size I know I won’t finish the bottle as I have so many polishes to use and I’m on a temporary no nail painting hiatus.
One of the sneak peeked items this month was the Alex and Ani. You could have received the hand lotion, fragrance spray or bar soap. I was really hoping for the hand lotion as I would have the most use for that. Also I love the simple bangle from them. It’s made of recycled metals which is a nice touch.
I’m also very looking forward to trying the lip exfoliate as I am not currently digging the Julep one that I have. I also wanna try the Sisley mask. $28 for that little sample? It better do wonders!
This months Birchbox was a happy interruption to my stressful week at work. It arrived on one of the worse days I’ve had so far this year and the bright pink box made me forget my worries for a while. All the items this month are ones that I would use so I was glad about that. Also Hubz was able to enjoy a bit of this months box as well as he gobbled up the Ghirardelli Cherry Tango Chocolate.
The contents of this months box included:
- Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion 1.5 oz ($16 for 8oz) $3.00 value
- Inika Eyeliner in Green Lagoon .04oz $20 value
- Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum 5ml .16 oz ($58 for 1 oz ) $9.28 value
- Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo 1.69 oz ($9.50 for 250ml) $1.90 value
- Jurlique Purely Bright Cleanser .06 sample packet (no value assigned)
- Ghirardelli Cherry Tango Square ~35cents at the market
March 2014 Birchbox
I have been with Ipsy since they first started and this months makeup bag is my favorite! It is black plastic with a quilted design. It is also quite firm and looks like its made a lot better than their usual make up bags. Also its contents this month were quite good as well!
I expected a bit of a Holiday theme since it is December. The only item that I received that was kind of holidayish is the red nail polish from Nicka K. There was also another Be A Bombshell product in this months bag. This seems to be a favorite brand of theirs. Not that I mind, the Be a Bombshell lip crayon from last month’s bag actually made its way into my everyday makeup bag. Thats how much I enjoyed it. There also seems to be less care in shipment since they’ve gotten so big as I have received damaged items two months in a row now. My Pop Beauty eyeshadow trio arrived chipped. There was also a fragrance sample in this months bag but mine arrived almost empty due to a leak.
December 2013 Ipsy Bag
The contents of this months bag are:
- Nicka K nail polish in NYC139
- Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in Smokin’ Hot
- NYX lipstick in Sky Pink
- Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Flustered
- English Laundry signature perfume
Net a Porter Glossybox
The limited edition Net-a-Porter Glossybox went on sale on Monday and I placed my order on my cellphone immediately during lunch. I was so pleased to see that I already received this today. The limited edition box is $40 plus the NY sales tax which brought this box just shy of $44. I know $40 is a bit steep but the limited edition Glossyboxes are always pretty juicy and you know exactly what you are getting since they show you images of the contents of the box. I have always wanted to try Kevyn Aucoin’s makeup line and his eye shadow was one of the items of the box and since the line is usually so pricey, this box was definitely a good buy for me.
The contents of this limited edition box are:
- Natura Bisse Diamond White Brightening Sunscreen .3 oz $29.10 value ($97 for 1 oz)
- Kevyn Aucion The Eye Shadow Duo #206 4.8g $42
- Ellis Faas Mascara $34
- Klorane Dry Shampoo 50 ml $7.50
- RGB Cuticle Oil .4 oz $20
- Philip B Gravity Defying Gel .5 oz $1.58 value ($19 for 6 oz)
- Avene Thermal Water Spray 50 ml $9
- Joya Ames Souer Roll on Perfume 1.5ml $4.2 value ($28 for 10ml)
Last week was the first ever Laura Mercier sample sale. The sale took place at Clothingline and went on for only 3 days. Prices were good, almost all the products there were at least 50% off however the product selection was minimal. They had 3 lip glaces, 5 lipsticks, a handful of liners and caviar sticks. Polishes were available as well, although the color selection was small and shades were not too interesting. I picked up a couple of items and prices for the items were low, between $8 to $12 each.
I picked up Laura Mercier’s creme smooth lipstick in Tulip, lip glace in Desert Rose, caviar eye color sticks in Jungle and Grey Pearl. I also picked up just one nail polish in Bare Mocha. It was a good haul but I hope they have more product selections at the next sale.
Laura Mercier Haul
I finally got my October Glossybox! This months box is a collaboration with Byrdie. The sneak peeked item this month was a full size of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara. The box basically paid for itself with just the mascara! I was also pretty glad to receive the face cream as I quite like Fresh products.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara .31oz $23
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream .5 oz $12.35 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
- Balance Me Shine on Tinted Lip Salve 10ml $16.50
- Bvlgari Green Tea Perfume .17 oz $5.78 value ($85 for 2.5oz)
- Sesha Renu Exfoliating Gel 20ml $16.80 value ($42 for 1.7oz)
October 2013 Byrdie Collaboration Glossybox
I usually do not post about my Ipsy bag because most subscribers get the same bag every month. However lately there had been more bag variations as their subscriber count has increased.
The Ipsy bags are usually more make up oriented and geared towards a younger subscriber base than Birchbox and GLOSSYBOX and the New Beauty TestTubes. In addition to receiving 4-5 items each month, you also get a make up bag.
The contents of my bag this month contained;
- Zoya nail polish in Neve
- Coastal Scents eye shadow brush
- Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers in Emotion
- Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay
- Nourish Organic Coconut and Argan Body Lotion
I absolutely love the lotion. It has a really light and warm scent and moisturizes well without leaving anything greasy. And I can never complain about receiving Zoya polishes. All in all, a very nice bag this month.
October 2013 Ipsy Bag