I received my March Glossybox last Monday. I had some pretty mixed thoughts about this box however. Let me actually do the item and value breakdown before I give my opinion on the box.
March 2014 Glossybox
The contents of this month’s box includes:
- Alex and Ani hand cream $16 value
- Alex and Ani swan bangle $28 value
- Sisley Paris black rose mask .38 oz ($158 for 2.1oz) $28.59 value
- Alterna volume plumping stand expand .85 oz ($22 for 4oz) $4.67 value
- Nails Inc Polish in Baker Street .13 oz ($9.50 for .33oz) $3.74 value
- Etre Belle lip lift peel $17.80 value
I do think this might be the highest valued Glossybox that I’ve ever received considering I would use most of the products, but I did receive yet another dupe item. I didn’t mind the duplicate item last month as it’s one that I used and loved and was running low on anyways, but this month I received a nail polish duplicate. Despite the miniature size I know I won’t finish the bottle as I have so many polishes to use and I’m on a temporary no nail painting hiatus.
One of the sneak peeked items this month was the Alex and Ani. You could have received the hand lotion, fragrance spray or bar soap. I was really hoping for the hand lotion as I would have the most use for that. Also I love the simple bangle from them. It’s made of recycled metals which is a nice touch.
I’m also very looking forward to trying the lip exfoliate as I am not currently digging the Julep one that I have. I also wanna try the Sisley mask. $28 for that little sample? It better do wonders!
I haven’t been blogging for months now because so much had happened. I had some health and financial issues arise and that had taken more time and stressed me out so much that I haven’t really want to do much. Anyways let’s kick things off with a Glossybox reveal! My February Glossybox was delayed in shipping or something because I usually get my Glossyboxes around the last week of the month, but this time I didnt get it until the 7th of March.
February 2014 Glossybox
The sneak peeked items this month were Lauren B Beauty’s nail color in City of Angels and Sumita eyeliner. The other items that were in my box this month were Anatomicals Eye bag patches, Figs and Rouge lip balm and Pureology Multitasking spray. The Figs and Rouge lip balm is a repeat item for me, as I have previously received it in another Glossybox. It has become one of my favorite balms however so I dont mind the duplicate.
Here is the value breakdown for last month’s box:
- Lauren B Beauty Nail Couture in City of Angels .5 oz $18 value
- Sumita Beauty Kala Color Intense Pencil in Black .06 oz $15 value
- Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom Lip Balm .42 oz $9 value
- Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Under Eye Patches 3 Patches $11 value
- Pureology Serious Colour Care Multi Tasking Hair Beautifer 1 oz ($24 for 6.7 oz) $3.58 value
Net a Porter Glossybox
The limited edition Net-a-Porter Glossybox went on sale on Monday and I placed my order on my cellphone immediately during lunch. I was so pleased to see that I already received this today. The limited edition box is $40 plus the NY sales tax which brought this box just shy of $44. I know $40 is a bit steep but the limited edition Glossyboxes are always pretty juicy and you know exactly what you are getting since they show you images of the contents of the box. I have always wanted to try Kevyn Aucoin’s makeup line and his eye shadow was one of the items of the box and since the line is usually so pricey, this box was definitely a good buy for me.
The contents of this limited edition box are:
- Natura Bisse Diamond White Brightening Sunscreen .3 oz $29.10 value ($97 for 1 oz)
- Kevyn Aucion The Eye Shadow Duo #206 4.8g $42
- Ellis Faas Mascara $34
- Klorane Dry Shampoo 50 ml $7.50
- RGB Cuticle Oil .4 oz $20
- Philip B Gravity Defying Gel .5 oz $1.58 value ($19 for 6 oz)
- Avene Thermal Water Spray 50 ml $9
- Joya Ames Souer Roll on Perfume 1.5ml $4.2 value ($28 for 10ml)