YSL Golden Gloss is one of those super Want and not need items. Does anyone really need a $30 lipgloss, of course not but want? Now thats a different story. YSL’s Golden Gloss comes in a clear container with golden trimming which gives this a lux appearance. Its applicator is a short brush style which always feels nicer and more expensive than doe foot applicators in my opinion. The gloss itself is not sticky at all, but is scently with some kind of sweet candy scent. I did enjoy the formula of the lipgloss a lot, however I did not enjoy the shade I purchased too much. Golden Peony is VERY sheer, and just looked like a glittery iridescent mess on bare lips. It looks nice over a lipstick but I prefer more opacity with my glosses.
This month’s Ipsy bag is a cute glittery bag that is totally my style. It has a basic rectangular shape and the whole bag is glittery and the best part is that its plastic coated so there isn’t any glitter fallout like one of the other glitter bags that they had sent out in the past. I’m sure I will actually use this bag instead of throwing it into a drawer like some of the other bags that I didn’t care for. The inside of the bag also has a tag that says Forever 21 Cosmetics for Ipsy.
Items that I received in this month’s Ipsy bag are as follows:
- Be A Bombshell Eyebase in Submissive
- Temptu Highligher in Pink Pearl
- J Cats Lip Paint in Red Potion
- Elizabeth Mott You’re so Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Glitterati
- Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Hairspray
The Be a Balmshell Eyebase also reminded me of MAC Paint Pots and the color is quite wearable so I will be testing this on whole day wear soon. I like the Temptu highlighter too, its actually swatch below under the Eyebase but my camera was not able to pick it up. It adds a nice golden pink sheen. When I first opened the bag and saw the lip paint, I was really excited because I thought it was a OCC Lip Tar. The packaging was exactly the same so I was surprised to see that it was a copy cat product. I found this quite wearable when applied lightly despite its dark and intimating color in the tube.
I know it has been months since I had posted anything. It’s because I have been very busy, I gave birth a few months ago and am now a proud mother of a beautiful baby girl!
All the expenses that comes with bring a parent are just so astounding. It really makes me take an extra minute to rethink if I should still buy that “want and not need” item. As a result I’ve stopped hauling as many polishes and have already cancelled one beauty subscription. I even passed up the latest Rescue Beauty Lounge sale. The only thing I’ve been hauling as of late are diapers. Don’t get me wrong I still do treat myself to a new polish or lipstick when I want but it’s really been scaled back compared to last year.
Anyways it’s time to shop to stash! Stay tuned =D
Allure Magazine’s Beauty box is one of my must buys every year. They offer these boxes two or three times a year and offer a plentiful amount of products for you to use. These boxes use to go for $29.99 but in the recent years the prices of the boxes have gone up. I even remembered that my first Allure beauty box, was shipped in a tote bag!
The price of the upcoming box is $44.95 plus shipping and handling (usually $10) but the value of the products is definitely there. The box is going on sale on April 29th, at 12:01 eastern time. If youre interested in getting this, DO NOT HESITATE. These sell out fast. Last year, Mun tried to order one at 12:45pm and they were all sold out already!
I had forgotten to skip my Julep subscription this month so I was sent a box even though I have not painted my nails in about 5 months now. I guess I didn’t mind too much since I received two of the most gorgeous neons that I’ve ever seen! The box that I received had 3 polishes and no beauty products. The colors I received this month were Bailey, Maren and Flora. While I didn’t care for Baily too much, I just loved the gorgeous blue flashes in Maren and Flora. I will definitely be using these in a couple of months!
I received my Ipsy bag earlier this week and I was quite pleased with the contents of this month’s bag. This month’s bag had Benefit’s Lollitint which I have been eyeing for a while but did not commit to buying yet since I knew there was absolutely no way I can make a dent in the full sized product. I was very happy to see this item and used it immediately!
The complete contents of this month’s bag were:
- Benefit Lollitint .08 oz sample size $8 value
- Cailyn Tinted lip balm in Acid Pink $19 value
- City Color White Gold Mousse Eye shadow
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide on Pencil .03 oz ($20 for .04 oz) $15 value
- Kiss Looks so Natural Lashes $3.99 value
Benefit’s Lollitint is described as a candy orchid tinted lip and cheek stain. I have only used this on my lips and I just love the light wash of color it provides.
What kind of a Spring day is it when you wake up to snow on the ground?? That’s exactly how this Tuesday in NYC started. Even now, with the sun out, you can still see remnants of snow on the ground and on some of the cars. If only the weather wasn’t so unpredictable this year..
Anyways here is another one of my polishes where I had pictures ready but did not have the time to post about. A pretty pigment packed purple from Color Club. The color is Puccilicious and it does remind me of the brands colorful swirls. I did find this polish to be a tad streaky but look at how pretty that color is.
I haven’t been polishing my nails for the past 4 months. I can hardly believe that its been so long already! I’ve been going through my photos and found many that I had taken pictures of but just never had time to post them. On a side note, Spring has finally arrived in NY after what seemed like a Winter that just wouldn’t go away. I decided to post a nice Spring weathered shade in honor of this spring like weather. Its name seems appropriate as well. The color is a nice rosy neutral that I just love, great formula as well. This is with 2 coats.
March was an uneventful month for empties. I just finished up a few items and didn’t touch many samples and minis. It was just two full size items and two deluxe minis.
- The Body Shop’s Vitamin E Moisture Cream – This product says cream, but its consistency is more of a lotion. In fact it reminds me A LOT of baby lotion, from the smell to the color to the scent. I didn’t really care for this too much and I don’t think it did much for my skin either.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil – This was my first facial oil. I was very surprised that it didn’t make me feel like a total grease ball. I guess its the word oil. I use cleansing oils for removing makeup so I shouldn’t have underestimated the power of oils!
- Dr Brandt Pores No More Cleanser – Be careful using this item!! My eyes sting and burns like crazy whenever I accidentally get some into my eyes. I’m not sure if I noticed any improvements in my pores however.. I might give this another try in the future and try to use this cleanser exclusively to see if there is any visible improvement.
- Novex Brazilian Keratin Conditioner – I received this item in one of my Glossyboxes. The conditioner is intended to be applied into dry hair which was not what I am usually used to for conditioners. Also the mouth is not quite big enough to insert my fingers into the conditioner and I have to pour the product out into my hand. I did not care for the packaging of this product at all.
I received my March Glossybox last Monday. I had some pretty mixed thoughts about this box however. Let me actually do the item and value breakdown before I give my opinion on the box.
The contents of this month’s box includes:
- Alex and Ani hand cream $16 value
- Alex and Ani swan bangle $28 value
- Sisley Paris black rose mask .38 oz ($158 for 2.1oz) $28.59 value
- Alterna volume plumping stand expand .85 oz ($22 for 4oz) $4.67 value
- Nails Inc Polish in Baker Street .13 oz ($9.50 for .33oz) $3.74 value
- Etre Belle lip lift peel $17.80 value
I do think this might be the highest valued Glossybox that I’ve ever received considering I would use most of the products, but I did receive yet another dupe item. I didn’t mind the duplicate item last month as it’s one that I used and loved and was running low on anyways, but this month I received a nail polish duplicate. Despite the miniature size I know I won’t finish the bottle as I have so many polishes to use and I’m on a temporary no nail painting hiatus.
One of the sneak peeked items this month was the Alex and Ani. You could have received the hand lotion, fragrance spray or bar soap. I was really hoping for the hand lotion as I would have the most use for that. Also I love the simple bangle from them. It’s made of recycled metals which is a nice touch.
I’m also very looking forward to trying the lip exfoliate as I am not currently digging the Julep one that I have. I also wanna try the Sisley mask. $28 for that little sample? It better do wonders!